Ministries opened to YOU! Register today!

Wednesday 21 January 2009

Carissa Lim - Thank You God

I’m very thankful that I have made it through this mission trip. This trip was very different form the one I went to Thailand but I had fun equally. God has really helped me go through this trip and I have learned a lot.



In the first service we had to pray for the people there which it was really hard for me. I was not comfortable to pray for the people there even though we could use our own language. I asked God to put words in my mouth and give me boldness to pray for them. God answered my prayer. The people there are really hungry for God, and for His word and they are very glad that I prayed for them. I was happy and blessed to see that.



I was also so amazed that God has put us through the 7 hours hike. At first I was doing fine, then it came to a point that I felt like giving up because the road was slippery and it was raining. Further more I saw ahead of me mountain upon mountain that I need to climb. After finishing the hike, I thanked God that I didn’t fall sick or have any muscles cramp. After we had eaten and taken our bath, we had our very first service in that very first longhouse, though it was very late. I thanked God for the strength He has given to all of us to do His work and to bless the people there.



I really had a great time in every longhouse. Although the environment was different and difficult, I enjoyed the food, the people and the fellowship there. I had built new friendship and I really had fun with them. Within our team, our relationship has grown stronger and we knew one another better.



I really thanked God that He has placed me in this trip and for the help He has given me and for everything He done to me. I never regret joining this trip because I have experience all the good things He has done to me and I hope that I can go back again.

No comments: