Ministries opened to YOU! Register today!

Monday 12 January 2009

KeLLy YaP - Reflection



This mission trip was really a different trip from what I’ve expected, it helped me see things in so many different perspectives. This year, I’ve learned how to really focus on what I’m suppose to do and also to know what’s my purpose on this trip. When i start to look back and reflect on what God had done in this mission trip, i was just so amazed and grateful for what He did. The fact that after the 7hours hike, the dangerous journey to the longhouse, each and every one of us is still alive, God had been protecting and providing us strength all the time, even the times when we don't think we'll still have the strength to do it, spiritually and physically.



It was also a faith-stretching moment when we knew that other team had to go through the 7 hours hike to reach Muman because of the heavy rain and there was nothing that we can do at that moment but to pray and have faith that they will reach Muman safely. But through this I’ve learned to have faith and rely completely on God despite feeling so helpless, despite all the circumstances, He is always always in control. And that night when i saw everyone reached the longhouse, looking all so tired and muddy, i couldn't help thanking God again and again, knowing that He had heard all of our prayers and cries for help.



That night, when everyone had finally settled down, i was surprised that Cmdr still wanted to have a service, he said "Our tiredness and our sickness, that is all secondary, the primary thing is the ministry." I was really encouraged by what he said that night.



I've learned so so much through this mission tirp, I’ve learned to pray for people more confidently, I’ve learned to be thankful in little little things in my life, and I’ve learned to give all the glory to God because He truly deserves it.

=)

No comments: