Ministries opened to YOU! Register today!

Wednesday 14 January 2009

Phaik Joo- Building and Strengthening


Before I go for this mission trip, I heard many things about the route my team is going to hike. Things like the route is very narrow and steep, it will be worst if it rains, it’s very tiring and etc. All negative comments. Knowing myself, I am not an outdoor person. I was very worried that I will not be able to make it and afraid I will be a burden to my team. It did rain when we hike, making the ground slippery. Many fell down. Which scare me even more. However I thank God that no one injured and giving me friends who encourage and help me during the hike. Without them, I don’t think I will be able to make it. I also want to take this time to thank God for His strength and protection throughout this trip.




Besides, this mission trip has taught me to be contented to what I have. Apart from being contented, I’ve also learnt how to tolerate and be patience. God taught me these through many ways. One of the many ways is when my team leader asked us to serve food to the people there, and also do the dishes after meal. Imagine after the long hike, you’re all tired yet you still have to wash plates. Not one or two plates, but a lot, until I am not bothered to count them. I’ve got no choice but to do it. Mission trip is always a place for you to build and strengthen friendship too. In this trip, I manage to make friends with people whom I’ve never smiled or talk to in church.



In spiritual wise, I wouldn’t say this trip has make lots of difference in this area. However, I am truly blessed through the preaching, skit and testimonies. It reminded me once again of God’s faithfulness.

No comments: