Ministries opened to YOU! Register today!

Tuesday 6 January 2009

Trisha Ching


Can I start with a joke? Ok… I shall…
Q ~ What do you call a sleeping cow?
A ~ A bulldozer…
Haha! Cmdr… are you awake now?? Anyways…


Mission trip has really made an impact in my life… I never once like to pray for people, I never once have the guts to pray for people… but all that changed after missions. During that Youth Rally, I finally felt that God was with me, and I can do anything through He who strengthens me and I can even speak in tongues which I actually can’t at first. And, this has really taken me a step deeper in my relationship with God.

The 7 hours hike… I actually kinda enjoy it but well, without lunch and dinner, it’s tougher and I wasn’t feeling really well that day, plus, I bought the wrong kinda shoes… Thinking back, it’s really amazing how God pulled me through. It’s like every time you hike up a slope you’ll be praying very very hard that the long house will appear, reveal itself and no one likes that feeling, it’s very torturing. And, one of my friend cried, she really can’t continue anymore, and of course I encouraged her and all, and we hold hands and prayed and we even did that twice.

Actually, I really wanted to just give up, sit down under the rain and wait for some truck to come by and pick me up, but I told myself that I need to hang on, because there’s still someone I needa care for and my mission is to reach the longhouse and reach out to the people there. I fell, a lot a lot of times, I slipped, a lot a lot of times and my tears just can’t hold back anymore and it just came bursting out. I felt so alone even tho I knew God was with me, I felt so unsaved, I felt so unloved. I felt so useless that I was crying. To others, I’m like some strong girl, can climb every mountain, can cross every sea, but, no one knows. I cry at just some tiny whiny stuff, I cry when there’s nothing to cry about, I cry when people’s sharing their testimony and I’m always the only one crying!

But true enough, our awesome God kept all of us safe and we reached the long house not half-dead, not complaining, but with a joyful and happy heart even tho all of us were tired. During all the hikes to the longhouses, I needed Samson and Ah Sher to help me all the way, I dragged them behind, I slowed them down, I really felt very useless, there were many times when I felt like crying for being such a burden to them and I can’t help but just feel bad. But I thank God that He was there to comfort me, to keep me away from thinking negative stuff. He gave me the strength to carry on and I managed to finish the hike to Kerapah without Ah Sher nor Samson. Awesome huh!!




Through out all the longhouses, I get to see how Iban people live, what they do, what they eat, and best of all, I get to see how they praise and worship God. It’s really amazing to see Christians from all over the world, speaking different kinds of language but it all goes back to one God. There were times when people in the team don’t get along with each other but I think that every word, every thought, even every quarrel, every fight, God has a purpose for it to happen and I believe He meant it for good.

This mission, I’ve talked to people I never talk to in church, and I even manage to get so close to them. I really thank God for placing them around me, letting me realize how wonderful they are and having the chance to get so close to them. I thank God also for Ps Gideon, I’ve learnt a lot through him and he’s really some guy. Ah Sher’s great too, I love her as my team leader and I’ve learnt a lot from her also, she’s a wonderful blessing and I thank God for allllll of them. God has shown me and taught me a lot through this mission trip and I just can’t stop thanking and praising Him for all that He’s done, for me, through me and in me.

No comments: