Ministries opened to YOU! Register today!

Sunday 4 January 2009

Send me and I will go


Mission Trip 2008 was spectacular! Youths went with a hunger for God to use them. They chose to get off their comfortable zone and to serve God in a place totally unimaginable. Lives were touched. At the end of the day, God was glorified and we as his children obeying His commands had been blessed. Each and everyone had different encounter with God. They are ready and here to speak of God's glory. Nope, they are not ashamed. No regrets. This is what a few of them wants to share. Such a great joy to do God's work!

1st off, we will hear from James Lee. Its his first time to missions. He is the one in yellow.


God has really blessed me a lot in this mission trip in many different ways. During this mission trip, my faith has been put to the test to the absolute maximum. Because of the condition in that area where there is no phone reception and also very little of modern technologies , I have to rely to God 101% everyday that He can protect every member of this mission trip. God has challenge each and everyone one of us to trust in Him more and more each day. When I got to the first longhouse, I was amazed by their simple lifestyle and great unity among the people. Although they are from different families, they treat one another as their own. God has really touched me when I saw their homes. Their homes are empowered by a small generator and their home is brightened by only a light bulb during night. It reminds me when I was back home where I was complaining about what I don’t possess to my parents. After this mission trip, I realized that God has really blessed me with good parents and also shelter.

I can see how God move in their midst. I was truly amazed by their faith towards God although there were some language barrier between us with the people there but God just came into their lives. In the place where they are far from any civilization and in the place where there are filled with many types of rituals , witch doctors , charms , black magic and etc , the Iban people would still choose to believe in Him and that really has made an impact to my life.

I also experienced many miracles happening during this mission trip. A person who was diagnosed with cancer in the third stage was healed although it was not an immediate healing.

I also had seen how God used ordinary people to do extraordinary works. Many young ones rise up to the occasion to do what God wants them to do and He just spoke to them in their heart. During the Youth rally we had in Christ Baptist Church, many young lives were touched by the Holy Spirit and just God made a very strong presence during the prayer tunnel. There was one boy who came up to me during the prayer tunnel and said

“God has spoke to me and told me that I should minister to the people and become a preacher like Pastor Gideon,’’

I was being touched by how God really speak to them. Lastly, I will always pray to God to continue to minister to the people over in the east of Malaysia and I will be back in Sarawak next year because I know that God can use me to speak to His people in the land of the hornbills.

-James Lee

No comments: