Ministries opened to YOU! Register today!

Tuesday 13 January 2009

Casovia Khoo-Ordinary for the Extraordinary

This is my first mission trip and it has been a great experience: Different environment, different culture, and different people. All of these were way out of my comfort zone.



The 7 hours hike to Muman was really faith-stretching and tiring. Never ending mountains, hills over hills, slippery paths, the pouring rain and blisters made me want to give up, but i thank God that He gave me the strength to persevere on plus encouragements and helps from all my team members.



It was just amazing to see how God worked in the lives of the Iban people. We never actually get to see things like that back at home. Therefore I feel that all the hard work was really worth it.

Young as I am, I was amazed at how I could pray for the people as I had never even done it before. I pray that God will use me, the ordinary to do more extraordinary works for Him.




Mission trip this year was just awesome. The people, the food, the hike, the boat ride, the rivers......yeah, practically everything. Jesus really rocks! If there are missions again next year I would surely go back for it.

No comments: