Ministries opened to YOU! Register today!

Monday 16 February 2009

Vivien Chuah- Closer

God works in ways we cannot see, I realized this after my participation in the mission trip to Sarawak. Many things and problems started popping out right before the trip, making me feel like giving up on going for missions. I knew no one from the trip and with my brother's sudden pull out from the trip, it made things worse for me. I went "enthusiastically" keeping quiet the whole time. Throughout missions God has shown me His plan for me. I came to realize that I was closer to Him in Sarawak, when I am in need of Him. The people there continue showing their faith in Christ in such a secluded area and I know if I were to be staying in those circumstances I would drift away in a matter of months.



I thought that I would be giving to the people, but God has given me instead. Friends, experience and faith. One of the experiences I would never forget is the 7 hour hike. When we were on the urge of giving up, we learn to lean on Him and trust Him. A simple prayer could support us the whole way.Despite the hike, the whole team still carried out service and the people in Muman longhouse were supportive. I've seldom prayed for people, through this trip I've learnt to pray for others; the team prayed for strangers that we hardly knew and the people accepted it with open hearts.

The whole trip brought me closer to God in a sense that I’ve become more dependent on God. It was a good experience and I would love to participate again.

No comments: