Ministries opened to YOU! Register today!

Monday 16 February 2009

Jason Ong- Praise God

This mission trip is an awesome mission trip. To be honest, this is my third time to be involve in the mission team that are going to Sarawak and even still I am being blessed abundantly. It all started with a very different atmosphere as this year group are bigger than last year, praise God but to me it’s feeling hard as I am consider one of the elder ones as most of the members are younger than me. Anyhow, it is not the barrier that could hold me back to serve God in the land of Sarawak.

Back to Betong, seeing the new and old people it just felt like I am back home and they warmly receive and treat us as their family. It is just a wonderful feeling and praising God together, it was just something you will want for more. Move on to the longhouses which are Selangking, Jelang and Kerapa. It is the same long house I went for last year but I choose to go back as I love the hiking and of course the people over there.



During the first hike I got myself sunburned in the 3 hours hike but this is just something minor then the team gear up and started with what we want to do which is minister to the people. The message was preached strongly and the praise and worship was done whole-heartedly and God’s presence was so strong that when I prayed for one the family, I shed tears because God’s presence was so strong and was just touching my heart that tears are unable to be hold anymore so I cried.

On the second hike to Jelang with the sunburned on both my arms and the path was filled with wild plants that are in contact with us. Due to the sunburn the pain, when in contact with the wild plants is just like knife cutting through my skin and it was so unbearable, in the middle of the hiking suddenly I got an image of Jesus being whipped for our sin and the pain He had went through my mind. It just gave me strength to continue on and by HIS protection we reach safely and the service there was just another great experience and this time I got to help in the water baptism for the 13 of the believers there! PRAISE GOD!!!



As for Kerapa, the welcoming ceremony is just so big as if we are the VVIP u knows? Really VVIP!! The people there are like our distant relative and we are bonded so well and having fun as well at the same time praising God and worshiping HIM the one and only. Again in this longhouse God touches my heart again about my life and telling me in his way how important is to put my life upon his hand and the experience is what I need at the very moment. Sadly, time to go back home is far but we had our great and happy moments in that 3 days two nights but it just will never be enough. So went back with the long boat and this time as usual I need to be the last man and do the job in the same time enjoying the fun that all the other had which is getting wet.

Kuching CBC was the next destination with the youth rally and the prayer tunnel was just the right thing to do, at the night even though I was so tired but yet I jump as high as I can and lift up my hand high above to worship Jesus, and praying for people until I lose my voice during the prayer tunnel had enhance and renewing the passion in me to serve. Last but not least meeting up with a whole bunch of friends from Miri during the mission is a very precious relationship as friendship last forever and of course getting to know more of the people in church that I had never talk or even say hi to is another reward in this trip as they are the people who will be with you when you need them. Conclusion mission trip is always great and awesome and every mission trip is a different experience so for what wait, sign up for the upcoming mission and be blessed.


No comments: