Ministries opened to YOU! Register today!

Monday 16 February 2009

Rachel Low- Changed


Mission was great. I really enjoyed myself. God was great. I experienced His grace and strength in me. I learned and grew a lot. I never thought if I was ready or prepared for missions as I was last year. I went on this trip, reluctantly. I went through so much before this trip. Weeks before the trip I faced so much pain, hurt and disappointment. One problem happened after another. I was in depression. Even the night before the trip I was wondering if I should not go. But God, no surprise at all, answered my prayers. I went, I was able to do what I had to. The Lord strenghtened me, He enabled me to forget my sorrows and know that God is capable of anything. He showed me that what I went through was what He allowed happened to me to grow stronger and into His likeness. And I accepted that. And I know that I shouldn't give in to the work of the devil. And I felt that my faith in Him grew more too.



On the third day of the trip, we were supposed to get to this longhouse, Muman. Halfway during the journey on the hi-lux which was going up a hill, we stopped because it rained and the road was too slippery. We had to hike all the way to Muman, which was very far, under heavy rain, going up and down hills. I have a heart condition and so I was one of the weakest. Halfway hiking up a hill, I almost gave up. I couldn't breathe and was so tired. My legs hurt so badly. I couldn't talk as well. I knew at that time that all I could do is pray and ask for God's strength. And again, He did. He lifted my spirits up. I felt renewed. I even started running, screaming, singing, and laughing. I started to enjoy the hike. And I didn't really feel tired after that. We ended up hiking for 7 hours and reached there at night. I was so amazed at how God changed me from being so angry, frustrated, tired and close to giving up to being so happy, energetic, hyper, and excited. The whole trip was great thanks to our God.


No comments: