Ministries opened to YOU! Register today!

Monday 16 February 2009

Lee Yee-Testifying God's Goodness

This is my second time going for mission. Although it is the same place but I gained different experience. I really thank God so much that he gave me a chance to minister to the people in Sarawak. God moved so much to the people in Sarawak. We were split into two teams. I was in Kenneth’s team which was the one who went to Selangking, Jelang and Kerapa. Well, at first I didn’t want to go when I knew that I was in that team.



Firstly is because I thought I can’t hike that far and secondly is because my closer friends are all in the other team. So, I thought I would be lonely in that team. But since I was placed in this team I just follow. Few days before mission, many things happened. I just finished my SPM few days before mission. I was so stress up and I did not get enough sleep every night. I am not prepared for it at all. I was so afraid that I couldn’t make it especially for hiking. When I knew that I have to hike for so long I was shock. I do not know whether I could take it or not. I told everyone that I am so worried about the hiking.



For me, the hike to Selangking was the toughest. The weather is so hot and the hiking is like never ending. Suddenly, I felt so dizzy and I almost fainted. At that point, I was at my limit and I felt like giving up. I wanted to stop and just stay there. I told God that I can’t make it but he never give up on me. He reminded me of my purpose there. My purpose is to minister to the people in Sarawak and to bless them. So, I start praying and I asked God to grant me strength to continue hiking. Amazingly, I reached Selangking safely. I know because of God I made it.

The journey to all the longhouses is not easy. After all the falls, slips and cuts on the leg, it is worth it because of God. I’m here to bring the good news to people.I can say indeed I learned a lot throughout these 9 days. I learned how to pray. It is not a normal prayer but prayer that speaks of blessing and prayer that could touch them. The Christian faith of Iban people is so strong. They hunger for God and need all of our prayer. God moved so much in their life and touches them. God teaches me to stay strong in everything I do. I know the devil is always around us to fail us but I have always learned to be strong to our purpose for this mission will be done. God moved so much in the people in Sarawak and His presence and Holy Spirit was felt everywhere.




I am really amazed by God. There was once, when I was praying to one of the girl, she slain. For me, I never prayed till someone slain before. This is my first time. I was shocked at that time but I know God was the One who gave me strength to touch her life. He was the One who help me spiritually. Other than spiritual life, I get to built good relationship with the team members. Mission is the best place where we can build friendship. As I said, I’m not close to most of the members in my team. But during the 9 days in Sarawak, I get to know them better and closer. Most of them, I didn’t really talk to them in church but now I have a lot of things to talk to them. We laugh and we joke around so easily. I didn’t know how but what I know that I build a good relationship with my team members. Not only my team, I got closer to the other team as well.
Throughout this mission, God not only helped me spiritually but also mentally and emotionally. Without God, I will not be here to testify about His goodness and how He blessed me throughout this mission. I know my choice to go for mission trip is not a wrong decision. I made a right decision. I learned a lot of things and I gained many new experiences. He made me to be a stronger person. I really want to thank God so much on how He worked so much in my life. I am truly blessed by God.

No comments: