Ministries opened to YOU! Register today!

Sunday 20 May 2007

made EXTRAORDINARY through Him

Speaker : Ms Quek Hui Sze


interlink...
Extraordinary God

2 Corinthians 4:16-18

16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. 17 For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison.18 So we fix our eyes no on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Contrary to popular opinion,
King David was pretty ordinary.
His faith was ordinary,
his friends were ordinary,
his failures were ordinary.

The only thing amazing about David was GOD.
God was EXTRAORDINARY through David.

We're a lot like David. We're all just
regular people,
living regular lives,
with regular gifts and abilities.

But God wants to do PHENOMENAL things through us even in our "regular-ness."

To his final breath, David loved the Lord. His last words to his son Solomon were: Be faithful to the Lord. Walk in His ways.

The older you get, the more concerned you are about what you're leaving behind you. I'm not talking about things. NOBODY ever says on his deathbed, "I wish I had more stuff" or "I wish I would have spent more time at the office."

Instead we think,
"What have I taught my kids about living for the Lord?" David faced this, too.

Acts 13:36 says "...David, after he had served the purposes of God in his generation, fell asleep..."

Isn't that phenomenal? What else could you want for your life?
After James had served the purposes of God in his generation, he fell asleep. After Mark had served the purposes of God in his generation, he fell asleep. After Elizabeth had served the purposes of God in her generation, she fell asleep.

What else could you want? What else could there be in life but to LIVE for God and SERVE and WORK for Him and then go and be with Him FOREVER?

David wasn't proud of every chapter in his life, but when he fell he got up again. What's the MAJOR lesson we can learn from David? Refer to David's famous psalm.

In Psalm 23:4 he wrote, "... though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil." WHY? Because "You are with me."

That's the summary of David's life right there. God WAS with him. At the end of the day, that's the life we have to pursue.

An ordinary life lived for God in His strength = EXTRAORDINARY!
- James MacDonald

responding : In what ways, small of large, am I living out my purpose in my generation? Do I know what that is?

following : What else could you want for your life than to serve God?

- Our Journey, April 10

No comments: