Ministries opened to YOU! Register today!

Friday 4 May 2007

all glory goes to Him alone! JESUS!

My Grandmother's Testimony

Last month, my grandmother was taken to the hospital for a regular checkup. When I first visited her, she was normal and still have the energy to talk and walk. As time goes by, it has already been a week she was admitted to the hospital and things started to turn out bad. The next week I went and visit her, she look so sick and couldn’t even pronounce a word properly and steadily. Her eyes were filled with tears and she was fed through her nose into the stomach. I was terrified and to add on to that, doctor said that the kidney was failing her and water went into her lungs. The doctor said that in that 48 hours, she will either make it through or she won’t.

She was bedridden and my mum with other relatives have decided to take turns taking care of her every night. On a thursday night, Auntie Fee Lin came over to the hospital to share the gospel with her. My grandmother is a person that is very closed minded when it comes to religion and as auntie Fee Lin shared the gospel, she listens through and when she was asked to receive the Lord, my grandmother will say she’ll think about it or see first. Right after she said that, she fell asleep and we continued to pray for her.

When she woke up after 10 minutes or so, auntie Fee Lin asked whether she saw anything in her sleep and my grandmother replied with a little laugh. Then she said that she saw a person in white and her description of her face is that person have a long face. Auntie Fee Lin then told her that it was Jesus and not many people gets the chance to see Jesus. She kept on asking whether my grandmother would receive Christ and her consistent answer is she’ll think about it. To make things worse, doctor came and gave us another news that her cancer came back and the last time she got it was 22 years ago. It was a Saturday in the same week when we went and visit her and as usual prayed for her and accompany her during the night. My mum was suppose to take care of her that night.

At 1145pm, my dad received a phone call from my mum saying that my grandmother has accepted Christ and through the phone I can see that my mum was happy and joyful. She prayed the sinners prayer with my mother in the same night. God’s favour was really upon my grandmother because we did not expect her to open up her heart to God and let Him in. God was really awesome and he works in many ways and until now He still is.

My grandmother is now still in the hospital, her condition has stabilized and her kidney is now functioning again! Even now, my grandfather will read the Chinese bible and every night, he will pray for her to our Heavenly father and my grandfather is not a believer! Although she is very sick now in the hospital but I believe that God will be with her thoughout this tough period of time and He is in control. I would like to thank those of you that have prayed for my grandmother and stood beside my family. In times like this , nothing can be done physically but something can be done spiritually and that is to pray!! Please continue to pray for her as she is going through a tough time now and God bless you guys out there!!


-Jays-

Let us all be united and hand in hand keep Jayson's grandmother, he and his family in prayer.


"Prayer has a mighty power to move mountains because the Holy Spirit is ready both to encourage our praying and to remove mountains hindering us. Prayer has a power to change mountains into highways!"

Matthew 18:19-20
"Again, here is what I tell you. Suppose two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for. My Father in heaven will do it for you. Where two or three people meet together in my name, I am there with them."

No comments: