Ministries opened to YOU! Register today!

Friday 31 July 2009

Beware of what you put into your mind!

Hi everyone! How's everything been for the past few days of work or studies..it's always good to take a break right? And that's what Friday nights are for..alright just a recap on what Ps. Gideon had preached the last concurrent...

WE ARE TO BECAREFUL ON WHAT WE READ!

Especially books which you are not supposed to be reading. Examples witchcraft, vampire and etc!! You might think it is not harmful to you. You probably might be thinking, "It's just a book only whatt", "What can it do to me? After I read also I cant remember wan", "The book teach me good values also worr". Yes, you might be partially right BUT look at how the "good values" are brought forward through readings like that. Through witchcraft and ways that God doesn't like it either!

Just a small part of correction :)

"I think some of the youths have misunderstood me and taken my answer out of context. I made this statement - "Some people say that these books encourage reading so why are we so against reading?" My answer was - "Well, my question to you is whether you have read your Bible from Genesis to Revelation already? If you have not done so, you have no business reading those kinds of books about vampire, witchcraft etc."

What I meant was - "If you want to instill a reading culture, you should start with reading your Bible. If you want to create a reading habit, your reading material should be the Bible. If you can't even read your Bible from Genesis to Revelation, reading a paperback of 400-500 pages like Twilight will not help you instill a reading habit. So the argument of encouraging reading does not arise"

I did NOT mean - "If you have read your Bible from Genesis to Revelation then you can go ahead to read books like Twilight which is on vampire & witchcraft"

My stand is clear - "We as Christians should not be reading any books that will cause us to compromise our faith and doubt God. If it doesn't glorify God then we should not be reading it. As far as Twilight & Harry Potter is concern, we should not read it because its medium of communication is using witchcraft & sorcery even though it has good morals"

I did make the statement that - "Our Bible should be our foundation so that we know what is good & evil but this applies to books that we don't know their content nature is all about. But if books like Twilight & Harry Potter which we already know their content nature about witchcraft & vampire, we should not even pick it up to read."


No comments: